Client data processed by The Vets’ Place is held in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation from 25th May 2018, formerly the Data Protection Act 1998. This legislation protects your privacy and ensures that your personal information is held both fairly and lawfully.
What personal data is kept:
- Name & Address
- Telephone/mobile number, e-mail or other contact preferences
- Appointment records
- Treatments and financial records
- Proposed care, including referral’s and or any specific consents given
- Correspondence about your animals with other health care professionals and providers
Why we hold data about you:
- To help provide the veterinary healthcare care that you would expect of us as a registered client
- To communicate with you about the services we offer to maintain your pet’s health
- To reach out to you if we consider that there is a threat to your animal’s wellbeing
- To ensure that our clinicians can reach you quickly in an emergency
- To provide you with information, products, reminders and services that you request where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes, to maintain your animal’s health. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing contact at any time by emailing us at email@example.com
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our service.
Our Commitment to you:
The practice is committed to ensuring that we comply with the legislation. Only information required by us to ensure the health and wellbeing of your animals and to facilitate the Practice function will be processed and retained by us. It will be kept only for as long as absolutely necessary. None of the information held by us will be sold, given or otherwise shared with anyone not directly involved with the wellbeing of your animal without your prior consent or in response to a lawful request by a legally empowered body.
Access to Information:
You have the right to access the information we hold that relates to you. You have the right to make a subject access request, if you wish to see your personal data held by the practice, please make the request in person or in writing to:
The Vets’ Place
We will respond to you, with the information, within 28 days.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via the telephone on 01625585500 and at the address above.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).